To open a claim, you must be the contract holder and contact Packlink. The compensation depends from the protection selected during the booking process.
What is the Standard Compensation?
Every shipment done with PayPal shipping includes a standard compensation. The amount of the standard compensation depends on the type of service purchased. Standard compensation is included in the following services free of charge:
- Up to £25 for all carriers excluding Hermes
What is Enhanced Compensation?
If during the booking process you purchased enhanced compensation with your label then your shipment will be covered up to the sale value of your item, up to a maximum of £5,000.
Can I make a claim for my parcel?
You can initiate a compensation claim in the following cases:
- Partial parcel loss;
- Parcel loss.
All claims must be made and comply with the following terms:
- The deadline to submit a claim is 30 days from the dispatch date for all claim types (including damages).
- Contact with Packlink and/or chosen transport carrier for any shipment-related issue needs to be made within this time period to be eligible for compensation.
- Established contact with the carrier within the 30 days needs to be proven, (e.g. email or chat history screenshots) to constitute the claim eligible.
If for any reason, your parcel is not delivered nor do you receive any update regarding your shipment through the online tracking system within this period, you need to contact our customer support deparment in order to initiate an investigation with the courier.
In what case will my compensation request be rejected?
You cannot make a compensation claim and, therefore, claims will be always rejected in the following cases:
- You are sending items included in the Prohibited item list.
- You are sending items included in the Non-compensation items list.
- The package used does not follow our Packaging guidelines.
- Labels are not applied to parcel correctly How to apply the shipping label to the parcel.
- Claims is made after 30 calendar days from when the parcel was dispatched.
- You do not provide all the documents requested by customer service.
- You make a claim using an email address that does not belong to affected PayPal account or you have not made the claim through the PayPal delivery online claim form.
How do I make a claim?
To submit a compensation claim contact Packlink customer support.
Remember that a compensation process always involves 2 mandatory steps:
- Investigation: We will ask you some questions (description of the parcel, packaging, etc) and we will contact the carrier, investigation may take up to 30 days.
- Claim acceptance: Once the investigation process is complete, the claim will be assigned to the claims department for final evaluation.
To start a claim for loss or damage click here: Damage or Loss claim form