PayPal delivery shipments have a standard coverage of up to £25 for all Hermes delivery services, and up to £60 for UPS, DPD and DHL delivery services.
If the item you want to send has a higher value than our standard compensation and is worth less than £1,000, you can add enhanced compensation to your shipment. The shipment will be covered up to £1,000 provided that you meet the requirements mentioned below.
How can I add enhanced compensation for my parcel?
During the booking process you can purchase enhanced compensation and we will cover your shipment up to the sale value of your item, not exceeding £1,000. The value used is the sale value of your sold item.
The cost of enhanced compensation is 3% of the item value. The 3% is calculated on the difference between the value of the item sold and the basic compensation (depending on service selected it is either £25/£60). For instance you book Hermes parcel-shop that has standard coverage of £25, your item value is £100; enhanced compensation has a cost of 3% of £75 (£100 - £25 = £75).
What does enhanced compensation cover?
Enhanced compensation covers your shipment in the following cases:
- Parcel loss
- For multiple parcels, if one or more is damaged or lost
A claim can be filed by accessing the online claim form provided you adhere to the following deadlines:
- Claim submission within 30 days from the dispatch date for all claim types (including damages).
- Contact with Packlink and/or chosen transport carrier for any shipment-related issue needs to be made within 30 days from the dispatch date this time period to be eligible for compensation.
- Established contact with the carrier within 30 days of dispatch needs to be proven, (e.g. email or chat history screenshots) to constitute the claim eligible.
What is not covered by enhanced compensation?
You cannot claim Enhanced compensation in the following cases:
- The parcel was collected late
- The parcel was delivered late
Transit times are always estimated, therefore no claim can be filed if a parcel is collected or arrives late.