Are you ready to send your gifts? Here are some key tips for managing your shipments during Black Friday and the upcoming Christmas season. These tips will help avoid delays or incidents as much as possible during collection or delivery:
- Don't leave everything to the last minute. Plan and arrange your shipments in advance to avoid setbacks and ensure delivery of your packages by the desired dates.
- Ship without worry. Get extra protection on all your shipments to include financial compensation in case of damage, loss or missing content.
- Optimise your shipments on Black Friday. Create return labels for your customers to facilitate the return or exchange process. Ensure an efficient experience, improving customer satisfaction and the effectiveness of your business.
- Save time. Set up default packages and forget about entering weight and measurements for each new shipment. This will speed up the management of your shipments and help prevent additional charges.
- If you choose a pickup service, make sure that the sender is present at home during the selected time slot and has the goods ready when the driver arrives.
- If you choose a non-collection service, when you drop off the package, ask the transport company staff for the corresponding receipt to prove that they have taken care of your package. During busy periods we recommended customers call the parcel shop before drop off, in case of storage availability for that day.
- Pack the goods properly. Good packaging is essential to reduce the risk of damage during transport. Follow the guidelines in our Packing Guide and pay special attention to the type of goods you are shipping, as there are some additional specifications to take into account.
In our Help Center, you will find detailed instructions on how to send gifts.
- Take precautions against possible delays and scheduled closures. Despite contingency plans implemented by transport companies, pickups and deliveries may be delayed due to the high volume of shipments. Although global operations continue, they may slow down. For this reason, carriers do not guarantee pickups and deliveries on the following dates:
- Black week: from 20th to 29th November 2023 (both inclusive).
- Christmas: from 11th December 2023 to 14th January 2024 (both inclusive). Throughout this period, carriers will have reinforced staff and more resources, but less experienced staff on the distribution routes. As a result, shipments contracted between these dates may be affected, with no guarantee of delivery.
- Scheduled closures: on 25th December 2023, as well as on 1st and 6th January 2024, all collection and delivery activities will be suspended and transport company offices will be closed.
- Check the status of your shipment until delivery. If the tracking of your shipment indicates an incident during transport, please contact the PayPal Shipping customer service team as soon as possible to resolve the problem and ensure that the package is delivered as scheduled.