An Incident is when the delivery of the merchandise is delayed due to an unexpected event or issue during the transit. In these cases, there is a possibility that the shipment may not be delivered on the estimated date.
The most common transport incidents include: vehicle breakdowns or accidents, road closures and restricted access routes, excess cargo, and adverse weather conditions, among others.
On the other hand, there are other types of incidents that can be attributed to the sender or recipient, such as:
- Prohibited/non-compensation items.
- Merchandise with differences in weight or measurements.
- Unidentified merchandise. Missing shipping label or address sheet.
- Insufficient/inadequate packaging.
- Incomplete/incorrect origin or destination address.
- Incorrect/incomplete contact information. For international shipments, carriers only call local numbers.
- Absence at origin or destination address. The sender/recipient was not available at the time of collection/delivery.
- Refused package. The person receiving the delivery refuses the merchandise. This doesn't necessarily have to be the recipient exclusively.
- Damaged goods. During the transportation and handling process, the package contents suffered damage due to not following the Packaging Guide.
- Incorrect/incomplete customs documentation.
If the tracking of your shipment shows this status, please contact the PayPal Shipping Customer Service team by submitting a request via the contact form and choosing the option Delivery. Our agents will manage the incident with the transport company to offer you a solution.
If you want to avoid these types of inconveniences and ensure your shipment arrives in perfect condition and is delivered on time, we recommend consulting the following articles: